Friday, September 10, 2010
Well, I got tagged to complete a list of things that I've done in my life that surprise(d) me. It's a difficult thing for me to do because my life seems so vanilla. Don't get me wrong, I like vanilla - it is the basis for all of the other yummy things in life: hot fudge sundaes, creamy paint colors, etc. But, for those pressing their nose in on my vanilla life, vanilla probably seems extremely boring but here goes:
Ten Things I Did That Still Surprise the Hell Out of Me:
1. Had a baby at 19 and survived the adoption, the break-up, and the fall-out.
2. Played volleyball AND softball at the collegiate level. All while maintaining a 3.8 GPA
3. Survived college at all given my lifestyle.
4. Gave birth to 3 wonderful children who have still survived despite my shortcomings.
5. Endured 13 packings, loadings, and movings in 15 years.
6. Learned to truly offer up my sufferings when in a 3 year span I lost my beloved grandmother, experienced 2 late-term miscarriages, and endured the loss of my husband and father of my 3 children.
7. Got on an airplane for the first time ever at age 26 and flew to Medjugorje via Amsterdam by myself!!!!!!!!!
8. Got to see Alaska (whales, snow-capped mountains, moose, icebergs, glaciers)
9. I have been blessed to fall in love with the most amazing man. This surprises me because I was fully prepared to live my life without this kind of love in my life.
I'm leaving the list at 9 because I'm saving #10 for what's to come. I am open to so many new experiences in my life and I can't wait to keep surprising myself with new things...even if they're vanilla!