Thursday, April 23, 2009

Frustrations



"If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!" Luke 11:13

I have had a very frustrating day! This picture, sort of, sums up the way I am feeling. Contrast that with the Bible passage from Luke and this is a glimpse in my mind. It seems as though the littlest things set me off - especially with my children! Yet, I read this passage from Luke and I realize how much energy just went in to yelling at my kids when I could have stopped and given them a better gift. Perhaps it would have been merely a gift of my silence in light of their transgression? Or, perhaps, it could have been a funny face instead of an angry face? Regardless, it could have been a gift - a good one - instead of the "crap sandwich" that I usually end up giving them lately! Forgive me, kids! Forgive me, God! Forgive me, please!

No comments: