Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Perspective



This picture speaks volumes about the unbelievable devastation in Japan. Here, at home, I carry on worrying about wedding costs, losing weight, selling my house, raising my kids correctly, etc. all in the comfortable confines of my heated home with my stocked refrigerator and with the knowledge of the whereabouts of my loved ones.

I've learned so much from just observing the Japanese people during this crisis of unimaginable proportions. There have been no reports of looting, no curfews imposed on the residents, no worries about government officials stealing aid money, etc. They have quietly assisted one another while also grieving the loss of thousands of people and countless homes, memories, pets, heirlooms, photos, churches, stores, business, and so on. Amidst this devastation is a lesson for all of us on how to survive after this. I'm humbled and amazed and I leave it at that and with this:

No comments: